Research talks and events:
- 2015, June. “Encryption, Anonymity and Human Rights.” Research workshop in the “Human Rights in the Digital Age” theme at the Amnesty-Cambridge Encryption Masterclass, Center of Governance and Human Rights, Cambridge University, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- 2015, July. “Global Digital Politics and the Digital Technocrats.” Research talk in the “Media In Restrictive Contexts: Case Studies and Alternative Conceptions” panel at the Annenberg–Oxford Media Policy Summer Institute, Center for Socio–Legal Studies, Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom.
- 2016, April. “Tracing the Development of India and China’s Big Data Governance Infrastructures.” Research presentation at the Science and Technology Global Conference, American Association for the Advancement of Science-National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC.
- 2016, April. “Regime-Sponsored Big Data Infrastructures for Developing Population Awareness and Management Capacity, 1995-2015.” Research talk at the Quello Center for Telecommunication Management and Law, Department of Media and Information, College of Communication Arts and Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI.
- 2016, June. “FinTech for Governance: Disruptive Data Infrastructures and Population Management.” Research talk at Dim Sum Labs, HKMake Limited, Hong Kong.
- 2017, January. “High-Tech Governance through Big Data Surveillance? Tracing the Development of China and India’s Population-Data Infrastructures, 2000-Present.” Keynote research talk at European Social Research Council’s Contentious Politics and Democracy in the Digital Arena Conference [ESRC: Exploring Civil Society Strategies for Democratic Renewal Seminar], University of London, London, UK.
- 2017, March. “High-Tech Governance through Big Data Surveillance: Tracing the Development of China’s Social Credit System.” Research talk at Science, Technology, and the Politics of Knowledge in Global Affairs, Buffett Institute for Global Studies, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL.